The central idea is that pleasure in the mind results when two
ideas come together with a neat match or neat fit.
- when you see the answer to a puzzle;
- when you see the point of a joke;
- when something happens that you expected;
- or when a poem's second line rhymes with the first line.
To see any of the forty examples, use the side-bar or visit the
does it matter?
* Who has suggested this before?
* What is the difference between fitting and matching?
* How do the parts of the Tree branch out
from each other?
* How might it work inside the brain?